Thursday, December 21, 2006
posted by PabloPabla at 3:14 pm


I just came back from JPJ after twiddling my thumbs.

There were 16 counters, only 6 were manned. Out of the 6, only 2 dealt with renewal of road tax as well as driver's license. When I took my number, there were 51 people waiting. So, that makes it an average of 25 customers per counter to deal with renewal of road tax and driver's license.

My transaction only took 1 minute to complete i.e the renewal of road tax. Impressive, isn't it? But it took me a 75 minute wait for my turn to come about. Simple mathematics will show that even if it took 2 minutes per customer, all it takes is a 50 minute wait. Then I realised,...

That guy at the counter was also processing renewal of road tax for a stack of registration cards for God-knows-who. Immediately after he finished my transaction, he quickly took one from the stack and dutifully processed it before he pressed for the next number in queue. I saw it happening because I moved to the next empty counter to sort out my papers whilst taking a peep at why the counters are moving so slow....

According to the Customers' Charter at JPJ, they strive to provide courteous, efficient and transparent service with a promise to complete a renewal of road tax transaction in 15 minutes per individual customer.

Customer Charter my foot!


 

3 comments:


At 5:08 pm, Blogger PP

hell-hole! hell-hole!

 

At 4:03 pm, Blogger Alpha

Well, that's why I usually let the insurance company guy to do it for me...for less than RM10 extra!

 

At 5:53 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

paris : Yeah, you experienced it recently, isn't it?

alpha : I shall have to do it next year