Thursday, February 15, 2007
posted by PabloPabla at 3:41 pm


Chinese New Year is just 3 days away. Most people are doing last minute shopping. I was out doing last minute shopping during lunch hour just now. Well, not for myself but to get a hamper for a client. My bosses and I were pondering over a number of hampers wondering which is most suitable for our client. Invariably, however, I noticed that most if not all of the hampers would include a packet of goji berries.

Goji Berries are a firm favourite amongst the Chinese community as it is known as a powerful antioxidant. With 19 amino acids, 21 trace minerals, 6 essential fatty acids, Vitamins B1, B2, B6, C and E, 4 unique polysaccharides, linoleic acid and iron, amongst others, you bet this Goji Berry is gonna boost one's health. The Chinese have been consuming this berry for hundreds of years and it appears extensively in nourishing herbal soups as well as other recipes. It must be good indeed. I always have some in my kitchen. Sometimes I just pop a couple of these berries into my vegetable stir fries to add a bit of colour, taste and added nutrition to the dish.

Goji Berries are slightly sweetish in flavour and can be eaten raw though most of it comes in dried form. Today, you can get Goji Juice, for ready absorption of this remarkable natural produce. Organically cultivated in the Himalayas, the Goji Berry Juice is officially certified as chemical and contaminant free. Part of the process includes shaking the berries off the vines as touching them causes them to lose some of its nutritional potency. With such ease of having Goji Berries in juice form, I am sure these berries will become more and more well-known in the world. Let's just hope the price does not increase too much due to the demand!




LoudLaunch - Compensating bloggers for their unbiased opinions, reviews, and analysis. View the LoudLaunch campaign release this post was based on.