Tuesday, June 20, 2006
posted by PabloPabla at 4:32 pm


I have a washing machine at home.



And I must confess that I am a fan of Electrolux. Dad used to work for Electrolux in the late 70s till 1991. So, in a way, I was exposed to its products ranging from vacuum cleaners to floor polishers to kitchen appliances to lawn mowers.

Naturally, when I had to buy my first washing machine, Electrolux came to mind. And it had to be front loading. I had bad experiences with top loading ones. Some of my towels lost its fluffiness (fibre??!) after a couple of washes and felt like washing boards rather than soft fluffy towels. Good for skin scrubbing though.

Anyway, since I stay in an apartment, I had to resort to buying a dryer as well. The yard is too small and there is insufficient sunlight to dry the clothes especially on rainy days.


Somehow, the fragrance from the "softener" which I use during the wash cycle is preserved in the drying process and the clothes still smells fresh.

Air-drying can be frustrating at times. Especially when your neighbours below start cooking sambal or fry fish and the smoke leaves your clothes smelling the same.

Both the washing machine and dryer have made life much easier for my family. But the ultimate would be a Clothes Folding Machine. Imagine, after having your clothes washed and dried, another machine of yours does the folding.

So far, there is none in the market....or at least, to my knowledge.

Meanwhile, I shall take cue from the Japanese on how to fold clothes.