Thursday, December 21, 2006
posted by PabloPabla at 5:09 pm


Hey! Next year is going to be Visit Malaysia Year 2007. I am sure you have heard about it. I was just thinking, why don't we Malaysian bloggers do something nice for this country of ours? Well, yeah, the government has previously lamblasted us for being a bunch of liars and rumour-mongers who are unable to separate fact from fiction but why bother with them?

Let us prove that we Malaysian bloggers are patriotic in nature and despite some of our fierce criticism of the government policies or sad state of affairs in some areas, Malaysia is still our Tanahair and loved by us. So, what better way than to blog something nice about our country with our foreign tourists / readers in mind, huh?

Perhaps if you have just visited a nice place in Malaysia, you might want to do some hoo-haa about it in your blog. Or post some really nice pictures of sceneries in Malaysia. I believe that we Malaysian bloggers have quite a sizeable readership especially those from other countries. It would be great to utilise blogs as a form of advertisement for our country. Well, if more tourists come by, the country will generate more income and more businessmen will be happy.

For starters, I would suggest that you place the official logo of VMY2007 somewhere in your blog and link it to http://www.tourism.gov.my which is the website of the Tourism Ministry of Malaysia. Create a buzz or something.

As for me, I have created a blog showing the latest promotions from hotels in the country. Hah! Now you know who has been pinging PPS with hotel promos! Yes, Malaysian Hotels' Promotions is gua punya kerja. Hopefully it will contribute sikit sikit to those wanting information on Malaysian hotels.

Hmm....just in case I am not the only one doing this, if you intend to take up this "patriotic duty", do leave a comment below lah. Then perhaps, we can link or something. Amacam???

By the way, I'll be away till after Christmas! So, Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you will experience the real meaning of Christmas in your own special way! God bless!


 

13 comments:


At 5:36 pm, Blogger 5xmom.com

*sung to the tune of You lost that loving feeling* Gua sudah lost that patriotic feelings. Hehehe.

 

At 6:05 pm, Blogger PP

lol unfortunately I feel rather like how 5xmom is feeling :p but kudos to you! :D Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

 

At 6:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Aha! So it's you. I was interested in the new Novotel Hydro Majestic Hotel and was just wondering who would do such a favour by putting up review of hotels.....now I know. :)

Merry Christmas!

 

At 6:08 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

Sigh...first 2 comments above oredi cold shower liao. VMY2007 is in big big trouble wey! Am I alone kah?

 

At 6:20 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

bkworm : Now you know who's behind it :)

I just found out that Wuching has got a really huge VMY2007 logo on his website. Cool! And he's Visiting Malaysia soon!

 

At 6:26 pm, Blogger PP

aiyo sorry man! but everything go up my semangat also go down. LOL... Maybe I can resurrect my other blog to keep you company heh...

 

At 7:06 pm, Blogger Wuching

melly quizmas pabolopabala!

 

At 1:37 am, Blogger Wingz

oi taikor! lu mia hotel blog can get gomen grant wei!

 

At 11:12 am, Blogger Mumsgather

So, it was you! Hehe.
Wish you and your family a blessed Christmas.

 

At 12:35 pm, Blogger bearyip

hi why not asking BooLee(masak-masak) join your Malaysian Hotels' Promotions.. i'm sure will be more fun la .. having place to rest and also having place to makan ...

try tto think about la wei !

 

At 1:08 pm, Blogger backStreetGluttons

I actually have a travel site where I say good things( mostly ).

VMY07 while with good intentions lacks a total marketing approach, even the recent interview with the Tourism Minister confirms how impotent the Ministry is.

Your idea is good, it needs something to kick it off, How do u intend to start ? I'll support where I can !

Merry Xmas, Malaysia Boleh (but only with Bloggers Help ), so may God help us.....

 

At 5:11 pm, Blogger Arena Green

Merry Christmas to you Pablo!

Hope you enjoyed the festivities with your loved ones. And a Happy New Year to you next week too! Cheers ...

 

At 10:18 am, Blogger PabloPabla

paris : Phooiyo! Resurrection!

wuching : And a hehpeee niu yiaaa!

wingz : Yes ah? When? when?

mumsgather : Yes, it's me! Muahahahaa! Happy Holidays to you! Hope you'll have a great time with your family :)

bearyip : How to do that ar? I wonder if she read that MHP blog of mine and would consider linking :P

tonixe : Your blog is excellent! Perhaps we can start by putting the VMY2007 banner somewhere prominent in our blog with a direct clickable link to Tourism Ministry. And then, we link exchange with blogs promoting VMY2007 :) Amacam? Let me be the first to start by linking to your blog in my MHP blog :)

anak : Good to see you again! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!!!