Thursday, November 01, 2007
posted by PabloPabla at 11:02 am


I've been toying with the idea of installing internet connection at home. Gasp! Yes, I don't have an internet connection at home. In fact, I don't even have a phone line at home! My mobile phone suits me at the moment as whoever wants to find me can indeed find me when they call my mobile. But as I was saying, I am thinking of getting myself online at home because I have a pc at home and it can get a little frustrating not being able to use it to its full capabilities (read : blogging).

So, I was making some enquiries with Telekom for the installation of a phone line and Streamyx when I came across this 4G wireless broadband introduced by Izzi. It's a new technology introduced in Malaysia and this company was just set up recently. A check on the net shows that the technology employed (IBurst) might not be as good as a fixed line broadband service, if the users' reviews are taken as an indication. These reviews were given by users in Australia and South Africa. Some complained that the downloading speed fluctuates and could be attributed to bandwidth congestion.

Has anyone signed up with Izzi before and if yes, some feedback would be useful here.


 

2 comments:


At 3:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Streamyx should still be the best, at least for now.

 

At 9:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous

The only Izzi I know is the one at Damansara Uptown near the Umaiya Japanese restaurant. Sorry! Hope you get broadband at home soon!