Thursday, October 19, 2006
posted by PabloPabla at 10:59 am


I have been using this template ever since I started blogging a couple of months back.

I have sought some comments on the readability of this blog eg. colour, font, placement of items etc. and so far, I received two comments that the white coloured text against the dark background colour makes reading difficult. I think there are many other nice templates out there especially the ones from Wordpress but I have no idea how to import it into blogger.

Yesterday, after much trial and error, I changed the template of my food blog - Hochiak! Delicious Asian Food. Am still not satisfied with it though. But I am waiting to see if people like the new look. If they do, I will just let it continue.

And then, if you might have noticed, I do review some nice food places once in a while and have the reviews posted up here. Since the reviews are based on Malaysian food, I wonder if I should put these reviews in my food blog instead.

What say you?


 

9 comments:


At 11:21 am, Blogger Lisa

I quite like the white text on a dark background, in fact I'd even go so far as to say I find it a lot easier to read lol

Your food site looks very cool, that black background makes the colours of the food stand out REALLY well. Very yummy looking! :)

 

At 11:23 am, Blogger PabloPabla

lisa : Hey Lisa! Thanks for your comments! I am most obliged. Your site looks cool too!

 

At 12:51 pm, Blogger Wuching

i say if its not broken dun fix it!

 

At 12:53 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

wuching : Alrighty matey! That's two ayes today!

 

At 1:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Change is good, change is fun, change is inevitable. Hehehe. But it is a lot of work though, to copy and paste the side bar stuffs. (5xmom who forgets her password to blogger beta)

 

At 1:08 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

5xmom : LOL! Too many websites eh? Yes, change is good and fun but not if you are doing it at work :P

 

At 10:14 am, Blogger Mumsgather

You can get some of those wordpress theme templates from Gecko and Fly. I used one of it for my Mothering Times blog. And yes, white on black is a bit of a pain to the eye. Hehe.

 

At 6:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Suggestions:
Please use Times New Roman font, a good basic serif font, size 12 or 10.

Also, yellow text on blue background is good.

 

At 11:16 am, Blogger PabloPabla

mumsgather : I noticed that template you mentioned but donno how to import it into blogger and get it up and running :(

anon : Thanks for your suggestions!