Monday, January 22, 2007
posted by PabloPabla at 11:31 am


Last Friday, after coming back home from a Church Meeting, I was informed by my wife that my daughter's ear was bruised. According to my daughter, "kakak pulled my ear". Apparently, the ear pulling happened because she was slow in eating. Well, yes, my daughter eats very slowly and likes to keep the food in her mouth rather than chewing and swallowing it in good time.

My wife related to me that she asked our maid twice whether what our 3 1/2 year old daughter said was true. She denied twice. Fine. We accept her denial. None of us saw with our own eyes what happened, though we have no doubt that our daughter spoke the truth (as there was no one else at home when it happened).

Short of pointing fingers at her and scolding her for doing something which she has denied twice, my wife told her that her denial is accepted. However, she was reminded that as a Christian, if she had lied, she would have committed two sins in the process i.e. she lied to my wife and worse still, she lied in the presence of God, who is ever present. Hebrews 4:13 says "13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."

I agreed with my wife on how she dealt with the issue at hand. After that episode, we noticed that she appeared to be struggling with herself on this issue. We did not interfere and allowed her to think and come out of it. Next day, my wife observed that she was very patient with my daughter during feeding. Hopefully, God would have spoken to her during her quiet time.

God did speak to us and we were glad that He guided us in this episode. As for my daughter, the bruise has healed. We just have to learn to trust God more in our lives as He continues to work His ways in us.


 

4 comments:


At 12:21 pm, Blogger Eluzai

Yr wife dealt with this situation superbly!

 

At 12:23 pm, Blogger Eluzai

your wife dealt with this situation superbly!

 

At 4:31 am, Blogger Samm

I agree with Tina on that. I wont know how i'd react as i dont have a maid, but i guess most would have scolded their maid or even threaten them if this happens. Or i might just rant it out online, lol.

 

At 8:47 am, Blogger PabloPabla

tina : Hopefully God will be pleased.

samm : It's not easy having a maid around but we always look at what God is trying to teach us in the process as we are all equal before His eyes. And yes, we then rant about it online ;) LOL!