Monday, January 15, 2007
posted by PabloPabla at 9:56 am


I witnessed an accident this morning as I was leaving for work.

It's the usual accident in a cross junction. I was the 2nd car in line at the traffic lights and was stationary, just like the car in front. The traffic turned green in our favour. The car in front inched ahead.

In a flash, a motorcyclist beat the red lights from the right hand side and appeared in front of the motorist ahead of me.

The motorist braked. But in vain.

The motorcycle fell by the side. The motorcyclist flew in front and landed by the side. She got up, bleeding from her head, blood soaking her headscarf. I got down and asked if she is okay. She was in a daze. She could not remember a thing and asked what happened. She felt dizzy. Later, she managed to pull herself to the road shoulder with the motorist's and my help. The motorist agreed to take her to the hospital to check on the head wound. Hopefully it is nothing serious. The helmet was on the road.

It all happened in a flash. It could have been worst. It could have been prevented in the first place.

Moral of the story :

Always ensure that a traffic junction is completely clear of vehicles before entering it. Also, look out for oncoming vehicles from the direction which entered the junction last.


 

2 comments:


At 8:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

I almost had an accident today. It was raining heavily early this morning and a cyclist wearing a black raincoat suddenly popped up in front of me. He was invisible in the dark in his black raincoat. Luckily I was driving very slow. Never wear a black raincoat at night..

 

At 10:04 am, Blogger PabloPabla

bengbeng : I can almost feel the anxious moment you had. It's most unfortunate that we do not have proper defensive driving courses and enforcement around.