Thursday, January 11, 2007
posted by PabloPabla at 2:03 pm


  • Date : 09.01.2007
  • Time : 8.30pm
  • Duration : 30 minutes
  • Calories : 205

This was what was shown on the cycling machine...is that what you call that exercise machine which you cycle over and over and yet remain at that one place in a place called the gym??? Apparently I burnt 205 calories over that 30 minutes of sweating it out on the machine. It was my first time exercising in that gym though I have been staying at the apartment for well over 2 years already.

How much is exactly 205 calories? I was sweating like crazy on that bike and all I burnt was just 205 calories? It looks like I have much to do. But it was a great feeling...knowing that your heart was having a good workout and your lungs were being used to greater capacity rather than shallow breathing most of the time. Of course, the anticipation that those flabby parts will reduce and muscles will tone up is a good motivation.

It's my resolve that whilst I am working out my spiritual life and God is working within me, I want to work out my body so that my body is working within. Wish me determination!


 

3 comments:


At 11:06 am, Blogger doc

here's the scary bit - all your hard work comes undone with just a small fries (250 cal) or half a fillet-o-fish (200 cal)at McD's. (http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html) so, what are you having for dinner the next time your kids drag you there?

i pray your spirit remains strong.

 

At 4:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Hi Pablo,

It's been tough trying to load your blog since the earthquake.

Funny you should mention 200 calories. Check out this link that shows you how 200 calories worth of food looks like.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-calories-look-like.htm

 

At 9:35 am, Blogger PabloPabla

doc & ac : Here's the worrying bit.....I wallopped a couple of pieces of peanut butter cookies that night :P