Tuesday, July 24, 2007
posted by PabloPabla at 2:24 pm


Adultery on the rise as women look for 'love' and Man finds out wife, not daughter, having affair are two latest news feeds I read these 2 days. I am not the least surprised with the current "trend" of happening in the world of marriage. As a lawyer, I have encountered many divorce cases wherein the marriage broke down due to a cheating partner - sometimes both. An enquiry or visit to the High Court would show the high number of divorce petitions being heard daily, which is a sad state of affairs, if you ask me.

More often than not, one party will blame the other for ruining the marriage. "My husband cheated me by having an affair with that woman". So, we file a petition for divorce. The husband retaliates by filing an affidavit in opposition stating that "my wife had an adulterous affair with xyz". I tell you, as a lawyer, sometimes you get surprised by facts which your client did not reveal to you up front! When confronted, the client will admit that she had committed adultery "but that was because he did it first. If he can do it, why can't I?". The blame is shifted to the husband.

Well, true...the husband may have committed the one of the gravest sin of adultery and ought to face the consequences of his action. But for the wife (or vice versa) to also commit adultery in retaliation makes the wife (or vice versa) as much guilty as the husband. As far as God is concerned, retaliating by committing a sin which is strictly prohibited is no different from the first perpetrator. Both are as guilty as charged.


 

4 comments:


At 2:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Your headline certainly caught my attention hehe... and we seem to be pinging PPS at around the same time. I think a few days ago I pinged right after your ping too.

 

At 5:06 pm, Blogger 5xmom.com

Yeah, if everyone can hold on to the holy matrimony, then, the world is a lot happier, huh?

 

At 10:24 am, Blogger Mumsgather

You have just been awarded with the Power of Schmooze Blogger Award. Check it out and go pass this award on to some other noteworthy bloggers. Enjoy the award and have a nice day. :)

 

At 3:49 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

adino : For a while, pablopabla was a lady / wife.

5xmom.com : Unfortunately, this is a fallen world.

Mumsgather : Phooiyo!