Monday, July 30, 2007
posted by PabloPabla at 12:10 pm


I did the unthinkable. I bought tickets for the 12.20pm show on Saturday. Nice seats in a new cinema (air-conditioning was wintry, I must say). All excited. Pop corn in hand (first time buying pop corn for a movie) and tiny fingers in tow as I brought my daughter to watch Transformers.

It's her first cinema movie watching experience, and my first since watching Jet Li's last kung fu movie. She was asking lots of questions and seemed excited. The trailers started and she seemed absorbed into the screenshots. I asked if she's okay and she nodded to show she's alright. "Popcorn?". She signalled that she does not want any. Odd, I must say. She loves pop corn. Perhaps she's too absorbed with the scenes on the screen.

Optimus Prime started the opening narrative and my heart started beating. It has been a long time since I heard the familiar voice of Prime, my childhood hero with a host of other Autobots. Those were the days when I watched reruns of Transformers : The Movie over and over again on the old faithful video cassette player. After a while, I asked if my daughter if she would like to seat on my lap since it was quite cold in there. The jacket she was wearing might not be sufficient and perhaps daddy's warmth might help. She hopped over.

As I was engrossed onto Bumblebee starting its own engine, she turned around and said "Papa, I want to go home already". Eh? "Papa, I want to go home".

"You don't want to watch? Are you scared or something? Why don't you try sleeping instead? I pow pow (hug) you instead?". She said "No. I want to go home".

Sigh....I was reluctant, but there's no other choice. So, with popcorn in one hand and carrying her in the other hand, we left the cinema. She doesn't look at all affected by her experience after that as we continued celebrating her birthday with a dinner with my parents and had an ice-cream cake after that. She excitedly told her grandparents that she went to watch "Transformers". Me? I wasn't that much excited. Potong stim only. I think I was sulking like a big kid.

Ah well, just one of those things which you must expect when you have kids. Now, I just hope the movie is still screening this weekend. I want to watch Transformers!!!!


 

9 comments:


At 2:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

that's just too bad..it's very nice indeed

 

At 2:38 pm, Blogger Dc

heh, that comes with the territory rite, like having a child :), anyhow transformers is great, simpsons is great too, the rest so far are..so so only

 

At 2:46 pm, Blogger Jason Lioh

LOL. That's why, don't bring kids to the cinema. :D

 

At 4:04 pm, Blogger Helen

Too bad... really you must go watch before it's gone. Watching at home does not have the same feel as the cinema.

GO get yourself another bag of popcorn and enjoy... no children this time.

 

At 4:29 pm, Blogger Mumsgather

Its been years since I stepped into a cinema I've forgotten how its like to watch a movie on the bigscreen. Hahaha. I'm still waiting till the kids are older.

 

At 4:35 pm, Blogger Wuching

aiyo go see by yourself! no interruption!

 

At 8:22 pm, Blogger Yin Mei

you're a very good papa!! =)Just reminds me of my childhood when I went to cinema with my dad to watch Beauty and the Beast!! Difference is, I stayed for the whole show! =)

 

At 10:08 am, Blogger WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter

I plan to take my son for his first cinema movie this coming school hols. Looks like I have to be prepared to leave the cinema before the movie is over. Furthermore, my son takes time to warm up to any first time experiences.

 

At 3:46 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

yatz : I am sure it is!

deric : Yeah, now even before I finish watching Transformers, Simpsons showing liao.

jasonmumbles : I wanted to give it a shot. Father-daughter outing ler.

helen : Yes maam!

mumsgather : The things some parents sacrifice during parenthood :)

wuching : Okay. Okay!

yin mei : Er...this is much more violent, I think ;)

wmd : LOL! Good to be prepared. I was actually prepared to leave early if the situation warranted it. At least I got to watch 15 minutes worth :P