Wednesday, March 12, 2008
posted by PabloPabla at 10:38 pm


Lim Kit Siang's blog is experiencing heavy traffic and I couldn't put in my 2 cents to his latest piece of news that the DAP Perak Assemblymen will be staying away from the swearing-in ceremony for Perak Mentri Besar scheduled tomorrow. This is my piece of mind and I hope he reads this.



LKS,

This is probably your worst ever political move and could probably spell the end of DAP as far as Malaysian rakyat is concerned. After the rakyat has worked in solidarity to vote for Barisan Rakyat (PKR-PAS-DAP), your decision (or state CEC whatever)'s to boycott or express displeasure over the Regent's choice of MB is of pure bad taste after your representative, Ngeh Hoo Kam has said in the press that the coalition will respect whoever the Regent chooses as the MB.

So what if the MB is a PAS rep? Unless you have the figures or stats or info to show that he is utterly incompetent for the job, then just accept it and show a little respect to the Regent and Sultan of Perak. I am a chinese who voted for PAS because I truly believed in a new beginning for Malaysia which you are so proud to claim. And now, you are shattering the goodwill that has been fostered.

If PAS tries to be funny, I know where I will vote come next election. If it is true that at the end of the day there is no future for me and my children in this country, then I will make plans to migrate if that be the best. I had truly believed that there is hope indeed for Malaysians when the election results were out and now, you come up with this statement.

What's wrong with you guys? Truly, I am deeply disappointed to put it mildly. You must accept the responsibility for whatever repercussions your blog posting has made. Did you guys actually think about the repercussions before you decide to act this way? You didn't even give this new MB a chance to prove himself! Even if the state DAP reps make an about turn and attend the swearing in, you have already damaged much goodwill that has been cultivated. Period!

Update : He has openly apologised and confirmed that the state reps will be attending the swearing-in ceremony. I do hope he takes it another step further by requesting an audience with the Regent and Sultan of Perak to personally apologise to them for the outburst - and also do the same with the new MB and with PAS. This will help the healing process. The damage has been done but the healing can be hastened with personal gestures.


 

6 comments:


At 10:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

i am totally with you on this

106%

 

At 11:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Sigh. I'm so disappointed with this. DAP should really consult some PR people sometimes.

 

At 12:40 am, Blogger Helen

Yes, you've no idea how disappointed and pissed I was when I found out LKS calling for a boy-cott.

 

At 9:51 am, Blogger Unknown

Bro, I am with you on this one too. Why can't Malaysian politicians grow up when the voters have?

can

 

At 11:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous

The only possible reason I could think of to explain this illogical act by Uncle Kit is, he is afraid of losing DAP supporters trust.

But he must remember that we have gone beyond racial politics now. It doesn't matter, you will still have my support even if a PAS member is Perak MB!

I read on Malaysia Today that the Perak state assemblymen from DAP had gone to the swearing in ceremony, but his statement has caused me to have my doubts.

 

At 12:46 am, Blogger zewt

really... so many hantamin him.. so poor thing..