Friday, August 18, 2006
posted by PabloPabla at 12:04 pm


I woke up this morning with a stiff neck.

Not exactly a nice way to wake up to. Feeling tightness and rigidity in my neck muscles with discomfort in turning my neck. It is not the first time but I cannot remember the last time. Thankfully, it is not a common recurrence.

I believe it is in my bad sleeping posture. People who have seen me sleeping can testify to this. I suppose I sleep with my pillow the wrong way. But you see, I have a bad habit of making my pillow being at a certain height and position coupled with acceptable degree of softness before I find it comfortable to sleep. I wonder if others have such a habit. Some prefer hard pillows, some prefer super soft pillows.

No wonder you can find some pillows which sells for a couple of hundred ringgit boasting the right contours for your head and neck. For me, I still prefer the good old pillow stuffed with cotton. Then I can press and squeeze the pillow to my preferred height and position.

In cantonese, stiff neck is pronounced as "ngan keng". It is also translated as "stubborn". Judging from my sleeping behaviour, I guess I am a stiff necked person after all!


 

9 comments:


At 12:26 pm, Blogger Mumsgather

I often get a stiff neck too from the position of my pillows. Hubby likes to sleep with one pillow on each side of his face, sometimes I can't find him! Lol! I guess we're all quite manic with our pillows.

 

At 12:27 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

mumsgather : I've been trying hard to imagine how your hubby sleeps! LOL! Yeah, we and our pillows.

 

At 12:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Try the exercises at this website... see if it helps you feel better.

http://www.ehow.com/how_3003_stretch-neck.html

If not there's always Yoko-Yoko.

 

At 1:54 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

ac: Thanks!

 

At 4:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Some myth about stiff neck - dry them under the sun for 3 days and give them a big smack! This way they believe the stiff neck will go away. If it doesn't help, give yourself 3 big smack for believing it!!! muahahaaa....

 

At 9:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

oh dear... i think i have it too!~ lolz =) Stiff neck is rather uncomfortable.

 

At 9:46 am, Blogger PabloPabla

hijackqueen : thanks auntie :)

sandra : It took me 4 days to have it completely healed :P

 

At 7:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

wow... mine got healed in a day. =X you must have it tough...

 

At 12:03 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

sandra : Yes, it was a pain! Thank God I'm healed now :)