Monday, January 22, 2007
posted by PabloPabla at 2:33 pm


Glamourous Paris tagged me on 10.01.2007 resulting in me having to check my brain cells for my Top 5 Movies. Problem is...I do not watch movie that often. In fact, the last movie I watched was Da Vinci Code, I think. Yeah...it's that long. Anyway, after some rewinds and fast forwards, I finally settled down on my Top 5 Movies, though I would qualify it by saying that this is what I can recall so far. The movies are not mentioned in favourite ranking but rather, chronological order...

Let's start...

Star Wars Ep 4


I watched this, probably in the early 80s, and was fascinated with the X-wing fighters and weird creatures walking around some weird planet. Of course, I was more impressed with Han Solo than the cocky Luke Skywalker. I cannot remember how many times I watched this movie. Definitely more than 10 times...and I am still not sick of it yet.


The Transformers : The Movie (1986)


This must rate as one of the best animated movies ever! A neighbour duplicated a video cassette of the movie for me and I watched it countless times with my younger brother. What really drawn me to the movie was the "reality" of it where the characters really die. I mean, more often than not, we are given cartoon characters which get bashed up really bad but somehow or rather, survives to fight another day. Here, some of the favourite robots actually get shot and smashed up for good. Violent, ain't it? Awesome! I can sit and watch it another time.


Face / Off


I won't say that this is one of my favourites but I put it up here because of its interesting though quite impossible storyline where two fellas get face transplants. The acting by John Travolta and Nicholas Cage waz superb, to say the least. And coming from John Woo, the shooting scenes memang ada gaya.


Infernal Affairs


This is one of my favourite movies from Hong Kong. Excellent actors in Tony Leung, Andy Lau, Anthony Wong and Eric Tsang. The storyline is quite original (I think) and it is even copied by Hollywood in the recent movie - The Departed.


Passion of the Christ



This movie really touched my heart. I remembered watching it a couple of days before Easter together with my church mates and was drenched in tears (even from the start). Some critics deem it too violent but I know it is nothing compared to the real suffering which Christ endured during His last days. Kudos to Mel Gibson for producing this film in memory of Christ's passion.

That's all right? Phew! That was some work indeed. And now I can gleefully tag others for the first time in my blogging world. Siapa ah? Here goes:-

Wuching, Hijackqueen, Helen, Mumsgather and HuZmi. Get cracking!


 

6 comments:


At 6:45 pm, Blogger Wuching

aiyo! tag me pulak!

 

At 9:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Yeah! Han Solo!! :D I wanted to see Passion of the Christ but never got round to it. Great movie choices for someone who doesn't watch too much hehe ;)

 

At 9:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Yeah! Han Solo!! :D I wanted to see Passion of the Christ but never got round to it. Great movie choices for someone who doesn't watch too much hehe ;)

 

At 8:46 am, Blogger PabloPabla

wuching : Blame it on Paris.

paris : Watch the Passion :)

 

At 2:37 pm, Blogger Mumsgather

Aiks! I kena tagged pulak. I haven't watched a movie in what seems like forever, so how ar?

 

At 5:16 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

jackson : More than meets the eye!

mumsgather : Dig out your old movies lor...LOL!