Wednesday, August 29, 2007
posted by PabloPabla at 2:45 pm


Three weeks back, I wrote about my pre-graduation holiday which coincided with Euro 96 wherein I stayed in London for a couple of days. Actually, between London, I actually took a 5 days 4 nights trip to Paris - and that by Eurostar across the Channel Tunnel. The ride was unforgettable when we reached the shores of France with the train speeding at 300km and yet, the glass of water on our flip-down table hard shows any sign of turbulence.

Just like how I had to plan the accommodation in London, I had to look for information on Hotels in Paris. Whilst the hotel in London could be better, the hotel I stayed in Paris was so much better - Hotel Vignon along Rue Vignon. Hotels in Paris are as expensive as those in London but I was fortunate to have been able to find this hotel through their internet web presence. After reading a couple reviews, it seemed most suitable for my needs and budget.

When we arrive in Gare Du Nord, we immediately took the Metro and headed towards the nearest station to Hotel Vignon. I think that was Madeleine or Opera. Anyway, the hotel was situated in a very strategic location. Opera, Madeleine, Place de la Concorde and the Lourve were all within walking distance. There were so much to see and do around the hotel's vicinity. We, unknowingly walked into a shop selling chocolates and found the chocolates so beautiful to be eaten! We got some home and did not realise until much later that the said shop, Fauchon, is actually a well known chocolate shop in Paris. Anyway, we had good memories of Paris, which included munching on a baguette by a lake next to the Carousel, window shopping at Printemps, taking a river cruise on Bateaux Mouche and touring the city at night by bus.

Definitely wanna go back there again! As for Hotel Vignon, based on what I saw on the internet, it has been upgraded and now costs much more than before. I will need to do another search in the net for Paris Hotels when the trip materialises.



 

2 comments:


At 4:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

wah..you had holiday in Europe during Euro96? woohoo!

 

At 4:03 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

London and Paris :D