Thursday, September 06, 2007
posted by PabloPabla at 12:51 pm


When I was in England, I realised that there were a lot of offers for holidays to places like the Majorca, Malaga, Tenerife, Costa del Sol and the like, especially in newspapers and travel agencies. Most, if not all these places, are about the beach, the sun and fun. Coming from Malaysia, I think I've had enough sun and beach and was not that keen to take a holiday there. If at all I were to visit Spain (which I was seriously planning to), Madrid or Barcelona would be my preferred destinations.

I guess it has to do with the two giant football clubs from the two cities - Real Madrid and Barcelona FC which introduced me to the two great cities. Madrid, the capital city of Spain, is rich in arts and culture, not to mention the well preserved ancient buildings. I am actually a keen admirer of beautiful architecture and that's why my study stint in England was quite exciting.

On the other hand, a trip to Barcelona for me would not be complete without a tour of the Nou Camp, the home stadium of Barcelona FC. This stadium can seat 90,000 spectators, if my figures are correct! Then, a tour of the ancient architecture would be in order. They have some really good looking buildings which st have taken months to build considering the intricate nature of the art work in them. Not unlike those in Paris!

But of course, as always, a search for cheap hotels in Madrid or hotels in Barcelona would be necessary. I would probably start at Cheaperthanhotels, which has quite a good database of hotels available. Have you been to Madrid or Barcelona?


Brought to you by Cheaperthanhotels