Wednesday, January 09, 2008
posted by PabloPabla at 10:13 am


I hate plagiarism. I don't know why but I have utmost disgust for those who plagiarize. And worst, attempting to potray one as a teacher of some sort at that. Don't your parents or teachers teach you not to cheat or steal somebody else's work?z

Of late, I've been noticing a new blog pinging and trying to get reader's attention at Project Petaling Street. Naturally, I was attracted due to the interesting headlines used. Titles such as 10 Techniques for Finding Blog Readers and 19 More Strategies for Finding Blog Readers. The blog I am talking about is Lets (sic) Blog and the url reads http://blogs-secrets.blogspot.com/. Wow! Blog secrets. Little did I know that when I went over to read the blog, it is basically a complete cut and paste blog. The two articles were copied in toto from Darren Rowse's Problogger.Net website here and here.

A word of advice. Read Problogger.Net's FAQ. The relevant part which I wish to highlight here is this:-

May I republish posts from ProBlogger on my own Blog?
You may not republish full posts from ProBlogger without my direct permission (and in most cases if permission is sought I will still say no). Feel free to quote anything from this blog (within reason - ie a paragraph or two is pretty normal) with a link to it as a source, but keep in mind that this is copyrighted material. I regularly find people who do republish my articles without acknowledgment of source and/or without permission and pursue them to remove it.

Please don't embarass yourself by being a cheat.


 

6 comments:


At 2:59 pm, Blogger Adino

Copycat bloggers should be banned! Especially those with outright plagiarism!

Darren probably has his content stolen hundreds of times, and he probably knows about this already if the blogger was dumb enough to send a pingback.

Since the blog is hosted on blogger it only takes a letter to Google to get the site suspended.

 

At 3:41 pm, Blogger Helen

To be dead honest, I don't mind or judge at all personal blogs hosted on Blogger. If it's those make money blogs, their credibility would do much good if they host their own blogs.

I dunno if it's the same blog. Yesterday I went into one of those blogs and they're teaching ppl to get free WP blogs and write paid posts.???!

WP is going to fry them if ppl do paidposts on their free blogs. lol

 

At 4:42 pm, Blogger Mumsgather

Everyday my Parenting Blog posts still being copied by the scam blog. Really dunno what to do liao. Sigh!

 

At 10:44 am, Blogger Adino

@mumsgather: What the scam blog is doing is probably grabbing posts from your RSS feed. The only thing we can do is to gather evidence, and report violations to Google. At least they won't get any more income from stealing your blog content.

However, Google requires all reports to be sent to their office via fax.

You could read this for more info: What Do You Do When Someone Steals Your Content

 

At 12:30 am, Blogger Ivan

pretty sad....

 

At 1:06 pm, Blogger bongkersz

these blogs capitalise on people's work to earn money, how despicable. they blog on a pretence of compiling posts from all the 'hot' blogs when actually they are whoring for traffic. cis!