Monday, November 20, 2006
posted by PabloPabla at 11:02 am


I just stumbled upon these two useful services for bloggers and I thought I would share it with you in case you've never heard of them.


The first is DomainTools.

I was dumbfounded when I conducted a search on the "Whois" service as I was able to obtain the contact details (including handphone numbers!) of the owners of various websites. Server and registry datas are for all to see. Makes me wonder whether the various domain servers actually subscribe or are subject to any Data Protection Act. The consolation for me is that domains like blogspot.com or wordpress.com does not reveal the identity of the bloggers who use them. I wouldn't want my personal details such as address and mobile phone numbers to be open for all and sundry to see! Who knows what sort of unwanted attention I would attract :P


Next useful service I found was Copyscape.

Copyscape.com is a free web-tool which enables you to trace whether any part of your work / blog has been plagiarised. Copyscape is dedicated to defending your rights online, helping you fight against online plagiarism and content theft. Copyscape finds sites that have copied your content without permission, as well as those that have quoted you. Give it a try.


Technorati Tags : , ,


 

2 comments:


At 7:59 pm, Blogger MAHAGURU58

Really useful bro! I have discovered the masterkey to knowing Who is who?

Wah lau eh! Fuyoo! Hehehehehe!..

Gracias amigo! :D

 

At 4:51 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

mahaguru58 : LOL! Have fun checking them out! :)