Monday, August 28, 2006
posted by PabloPabla at 2:34 pm


Previously, I was raving about the great naans and tandoori chicken at Restoran ABC.

Recently, I went there with my office colleagues for lunch. Birthday lunch actually. It's a tradition at our office to have birthday lunches. Most of the time, it was KFC or Pizza Hut deliveries. This time, we decided to take everyone to Restoran ABC for a change. Actually, since the first time I stepped foot there, I've gone there 4 times and each time , the restaurant delivered.

I've tried the kaja naan (cashew nut naan) and butter naan, pepper chicken masala (too hot for me), chicken masala, fish curry, fish tandoori and button mushroom masala in my visits and have found them to be good.

Today, however, I would like to share with you the Briyani Rice which I had during the birthday lunch. I had Briyani Chicken Rice to be exact.

There are actually many versions of Briyani Rice available in Malaysia not to mention those available in other countries. Here in Restoran ABC, the meat (chicken, mutton etc) is cooked together with the rice and is really tender. By reason of the cooking style, the meat and rice are both flavourful especially after absorbing all the spices used. Basmati rice is used for the briyani here and is fluffy and moist.

Clockwise from left : Briyani Chicken Rice, Sliced Onion in Yoghurt,
Dhall and Briyani Mutton Rice

The Briyani Rice can be served on either a plate or banana leaf and comes in a brass pot. For those who eat little, this pot can serve 2 persons! The rice is accompanied by Dhall and Sliced Onion in Yoghurt. You can ask for curry (chicken, fish or mutton) to flood your rice if that's your preference.

The Briyani Chicken Rice costs RM8.50 and is highly recommended. The Briyani Mutton Rice costs RM9.00.

For details on Restoran ABC, click here.


 

4 comments:


At 7:11 pm, Blogger Wuching

oh..too bad i'm not going to kl!

 

At 4:26 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

Take a detour??

 

At 8:19 am, Blogger jasgill

In your last picture it should be "clockwise from right", otherwise the restoran will have problems matching the order with your description:)-

 

At 8:57 am, Blogger PabloPabla

jasgill : Thanks jasgill! I need an Editor here! ;)