Friday, May 11, 2007
posted by PabloPabla at 2:29 pm


I can't believe it. After 2 MPs made sexist remarks against Fong Po Kuan by insinuating her monthly menses when debating about the water leak in the Parliament building, ex-lawyer and current Law Minister Nazri Abdul Aziz told the Associated Press that "This is a debate. People play with words. As long as there is no ill intention, we should allow for it. Otherwise parliament will be very boring." Read the full report here at the International Herald Tribune.

Now, what if another Parliamentarian were to make such remarks on Nazri's mother? Or his wife? Or the other two uncouth MPs namely Bung Mokhtar Radin and Mohammed Said Yusof? You think they will say "It's okay. It's only a debate. I don't mind. You can insinuate my mother / sister."? There is a limit to jokes or the use of words to make a debate alive. Witty remarks are welcomed. Not sexist remarks or insinuations meant to degrade women. How many women out there think it is not a sexist or degrading remark? How many women think it is uncalled for?

It is totally disgraceful for these men to be standing as Parliamentarians or even as a Minister. And not for the first time, they have brought the standard of Malaysia's Parliament debates for the world to laugh at. I wonder if those who voted for these MPs actually know how well they perform.


technorati tags:
del.icio.us tags:



 

8 comments:


At 3:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

not to mention, his sisters, his daughters, his aunties, his maids..


heck perhaps even he leaks in the bed now and then..

who knows?

LOL

 

At 3:53 pm, Blogger Admin

Ya.. Totally stupid and insensitive.

Somemore they think they so clever like that!

 

At 4:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

I agree, totally disgraceful. This is what happens when a political party has 91% majority. They are not held accountable for anything. Isn't one of those MPs nicknamed "close one eye" MP?

From what I read this morning Uncle Kit was very upset because the whole parliament was celebrating when the proposal by DAP was rejected. I really wish they will air Parliament proceedings on TV. Much better entertainment than Man Utd - Chelsea match I think.

 

At 4:58 pm, Blogger Rauff

Well..now its roof leaks...what if the walls start peeling paint? I wonder how dry and idiotic their jokes could be. I can't wait for the next episode~!

 

At 6:35 pm, Blogger Arena Green

So glad you voiced your protests too on behalf of the womenfolk in your family! :-)

 

At 7:27 pm, Blogger 5xmom.com

So stupid, I oso lost for words to tiu them so that's why I never blog it. Just they wait la...

 

At 11:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

What a stupid remark to make? Totally insensitive, lacking morals and absolutely worthless!
I'm disgusted...totally!

 

At 2:43 pm, Blogger PabloPabla

I am still speechless...at least I am not alone. Thanks to all who commented against these so-called Datuks. I wonder how they could continue being Datuks or Yang Berhormats with these kind of attitudes and carefree speeches.